Friday 24 May 2013

Guess I Was Dreaming...








The laptop/scanner situation is finally sorted (for now, at least) so I can resume blogging. Here's some photos of my girlfriend, myself and random stuff from her flat. Also, I've enclosed some songs I've been listening to all the time in the past few weeks...




My girlfriend in her original 1970's Biba top...





some of her other Biba stuff...









Me in my favourite  kaftan..


"The Wedding Of Ramona Blair" by The Mirage - great piece of British Pop-Psych from 1967. This song sounds like a lost recording of Sgt. Pepper  - era Beatles...











"Guess I Was Dreaming" by The Fairytale - another British Popsike song from 1967. I've only first heard it  last week at the Cave Club in London, and I thought it was the best song ever...When listened to it again, sober, I was less impressed. But I still think it's worth a listen..






My girlfriend in her vintage 60's dress (no label on it, unfortunately..) I love the Regency-style cuffs...
Brighton Seafront..


"In The Deep End" by The Artwoods. Mod/Psych from 1967



 Clara Bow - inspired outfit..


And I'll end with this great psychedelic freakout from Eyes Of Blue - "Prodigal Son" from (of course) 1967... 


5 comments:

Lucy in the Sky said...

Your girlfriend is an absolute doll! Loving the Biba makeup and that beautiful orange rotary telephone. I can't wait to install mine in my flat. Some great tracks too.

Ana said...

Amazing pictures! Needless to say I envy your girlfriend's wardrobe. I've just made a post on my Biba (make-up) items but spotted things I haven't got my hands on yet, lucky her!
Amazing tracks too, by the way. "Guess I Was Dreaming" is pure good vibes! xxx

NCJack said...

She looks a proper "Dolly Bird"

Catherine said...

Your girlfriend is a fantastic dresser! I love the gold Edwardian dress especially. Its so good to see couples dressed in their 60s garb. My boy prefers Mod styles to the dandy styles, so sometimes we are opposite ends of the decade

Anonymous said...

Hello

Loved looking around your blog. I recently retired and have taken up writing on a full time basis. I am currently working on 'retro' fiction set in the 1960s, featuring musicians, actresses and British Intelligence agents (semi-spoof but loads of action and 60s coolness). I am constructing my own website and the fiction, or rather excerpts, will appear there. I'd like to mention your blog and will do so very soon. Great work!

Peter D. F. Webb